ABOUT "Compostable Materials"
Everything need to know about "Compostable Materials"
Fiber Made From Green GRASS Straw
Green Grass Straws are made from grey sedge grass of the species Lepironia Articulata. It’s locally known as “Cỏ Bàng”, the grass grows around the Mekong Delta region in south-western Vietnam.
Fresh grass straws are hand picked by local people living in Long An and Dong Thap province and can be used after the process: cleaning, cutting into approximately 20-centimetre lengths, dried under the sun for 2-3 days and baked in the oven.
The Green Grass Straw do not store protein, gluten or any other allergens.
Features & Benefits of Wheat Straw Fiber:
- Meet FDA standards for gluten-free and non-allergenic products
- Are made from highly renewable resources
- Are microwave & freezer safe
- Can handle liquids up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fully compostable in 6-12 months in a commercial facility
Recycled & Sustainable Paper
Our paper hot cups and straws are made with FSC certified paper which meets the standards for the Forest Stewardship Council. Also, our collection of paper to-go boxes are made from 100% recycled paperboard. Tree-based paper is used instead of other fiber alternatives because of technical constraints. Our paper products are sourced to have the lightest environmental impact as possible. Several of our hot cups are available without any bleaching process. Those which have been bleached used oxygen-based compounds rather than chlorine.
Featured & Benefits of Recycled & Sustainable Paper:
- Are microwave and freeze-safe
- Can handle hot liquids up to 200 Fahrenheit
- Conforms to the FDA guidelines
- Are fully compostable through commercial (1-3 months) and home (3-6 months) composting